Welcome to our journey through foster parenting and adopting. I am so glad you have visited my blog.

My prayer is that through my experiences on this journey, I can be of help to someone else. I want Jesus Christ to be glorified through this blog because it is only through him that I am able to make this journey.

Here we go, let's start this journey together.

With All My Heart
Paula

Friday, January 14, 2011

I DIDN'T REALIZE

My heart has been aching lately for a placement.    Please do not misunderstand me, I do not wish bad things on families.  I wish that there would never be a need for foster homes.  In a perfect world that would be the case, but we do not live in a perfect world and the reality is that there is a need for foster homes and there are tons of children in our world that absolutely without a doubt need to be removed from the horrible conditions they live in. 

Now having said that I want to say that I do feel that God and God alone has placed this desire in me to be a foster mom.  He has called me to the ministry of taking care of his children and that is why I long for a placement. 

We had completely closed our home except for 2 and under girls but today I realized how badly I missed the children and I think we are going to open our home back up to any age or sex child for emergency, short term placements and respite care. 

I think that this decision will be a good chance for us to minister to children who need us but will not tie us down to where we cannot take our little girl if the call comes.  I believe that just as God sent Jacob to be ours forever that he will also send me my daughter one day.  I am just afraid that closing my home to only a little girl is completely out of his will and that is not where I want to be.  So here we are God, use us as you see fit.  We are here for your children whomever that may be.

2 comments:

  1. Excited for you and can't wait to hear about your new additions. Fun times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally understand and feel the same way often. God puts that desire there i am sure.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say after reading my blog. I hope that what you read is helpful. Please feel free to share.